The Dark Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Cuts When Typing up a post

Go down

Short Cuts When Typing up a post Empty Short Cuts When Typing up a post

Post by Treble Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 pm

All the options above the posting box are called phpBB short cuts. This is what forums use to edit the content of typing and they are different for every site. There are a few things that aren't listed that you can also do, these will be shown here.

Code Box: The Code Box allows you to show the phpBB codes in their original format, allowing other people to see how to use the code. I will start with this one.

Code:
[code][/code]

You can put whatever codes you want inside the code tag and it will show up in the code format.

Spoiler Tag: The Spoiler Tag puts everything typed inside the code into an invisible area only shown when clicked on. This is how all pictures on the site should be posted.

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Example: Click the word Spoiler.
Spoiler:

Font: Even though you can change the font of your text, all the options aren't there. Here are only a few font options that aren't listed.

Chiller

Andy

Allegro BT

Bookman Old Style

Curlz MT

Enviro

Font Code
Code:
[font=Name Of Font Here]TEXT[/font]

Size: There is an option for size, though it only has minimal options.
Code:
[size=Put Font Size Here]TEXT[/size]
Just put whatever number you want in the code. Play around with it.

COLOR: Even though there is a color code, it does not list all the available color options. Here are a few more.

Light Pink
Purple
Dark Red
Lime Green
Hot Pink
Gold
Silver
Light Blue

Code:
[color=Put Color Name Here]Text[/color]

Play around with it, see what colors you can use. If you find new ones PM me or put the code for them here. Smile

I think that's all for now. If you find something that you think should be here PM me or Haseo, or just add it yourself.
Treble
Treble
Empress
Empress

Female
Number of posts : 183
Where you Reside : The tower of the Dark Folly... And I am no longer alone...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://darkfolly.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Short Cuts When Typing up a post Empty Re: Short Cuts When Typing up a post

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:32 am

As a side-note to the font color...you can also use the numerical codes for any color you wish to use...for example:

If you want a Presidential Blue text, or a Light Steel Blue text, instead of writing the name of the color, you would write the following for the Light Steel Blue text:

Code:
[color=#B0C4DE]TEXT HERE[/color]

So, instead of writing the name of the color, try using the Hex Codes from HTML color charts, as well. The site I use for the Hex codes can be found Here.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum