The Dark Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Heartbeat

2 posters

Go down

The Last Heartbeat Empty The Last Heartbeat

Post by Payne Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm

Junior slowly plodded along the portal that led to Treble's realm, the little boy looking into it with concern. He'd seen some things that just didn't seem to belong a little while ago, and had sent a mental message to his sister to come quickly. He now just waited for her to come.

Eindrel was right in the middle of training when she got Junior’s message and in an instant the young Freyalin’s feet were off the ground as she was covered in mist which brought her directly next to Junior. Looking around, she shrugged her shoulder slightly; pushing the orange cloak she wore out of the way and stared at Junior. “What’s wrong?”

Junior looked over to his sister, rushing at her taller form and grabbing her by her cloak, pointing down to the portal shouting, "Look! Look! Look!" The Freyalin boy looked back at her with wide blue eyes, screeching without giving his sister a chance, "Do you see it?! Do you?!" He was frantically pointing at a few black shapes moving through Ita Halventaa, and was stalking a few demons that the children had made friends with. The demons, however, were not the usual grotesque and vile looking monsters that reigned, they were almost humanoid looking.

Eindrel’s eyes quickly scanned the general area Junior was pointing to, her serpentine eyes narrowing at the dark figures and the… “Those are our friends!” She yelled as she stood there, watching the dark figures as they pounced on the unsuspecting demons, covering their heads with brown burlap bags. “No!” She screamed as she watched, her feet frozen in place as the dark figures and now struggling demons disappeared in a cloud of black mist. Her eyes darted back and forth trying desperately to see where they had gone, but once she realized they were no where around she quickly turned to Junior and grabbed his hand, hers shaking slightly. “Come on! We gotta tell someone!” Without waiting for her younger brother to say anything, she pulled him through the portal into Ita Halventaa.

Junior's red hair whirled wildly around him as his sister pulled him into the portal, surprise taking him instantly, and his new crimson half cloak rustling around him as they dove into the Hell that was of their mother's makings. Junior showed no fear however as they flew into the depths, his mind more on making the people who would hurt his friends pay, and make them pay dearly. One thought, other than saving his friends, did occur to the small Freyalin child; how were they supposed to not go splat? His eyes widened and he quickly looked at Eindrel, not knowing if her wings would support them both. "Umm.... Sis... Please don't make us go splat!"

Eindrel jumped through the portal, her brother tucked closely under her as they flew… fell through the air. “I’m not gonna make us splat JR. Promise!” She yelled as they fell even further, referring to the name only she called him, and only when it was just the two of them at that. When it looked like they were just about to meet rock formations with their face, Eindrel let her wings fly out, catching the wind that was rushing past them. With three great flaps they were rising and flying through Ita Halventaa, Eindrel’s face one of dour determination. No one hurt her friends and got away with it. No one. She sensed Treble up ahead, but a problem quickly arose. Treble was behind… nothing but stone? Eindrel thought for only a bare second before she saw the faint outline of magic along one area of the wall. Going on instinct, Eindrel focused on that one spot and flew directly to it. The closer it got the bigger the wall became. “Trust me JR; I know what I’m doing.” She shouted to her brother as they flew closer and closer to the wall until… They went directly through it. Eindrel let out a loud whoop of joy at having figured it out, but it was short lived as they flew into what could only be a serious ceremony, or the end of one. Not being able to stand the weight any longer, Eindrel felt her and Junior start to drop, so she let him go, hoping he would only tumble to the ground as she pulled in her wings and somersaulted in the air, landing on her rump and skidding all the way across the room, stopping mere feet in front of… Zaknaun.

Junior listened to his sister, but he began to have his doubts when he saw the ground rushing up to meet him. The Freyalin instantly tried to curl up to his sister and screwed his eyes shut, fearing their inevitable DOOM! ... Or at least he'd tell their mother about it. He jerked suddenly, though, as Eindrel's wings popped out and she kept them afloat. The boy was able to begin and settle his breathing, and then his sister decided to take them through another stunt. She was flying right at a wall. The boy looked up at his sister like she was insane, and shouted suddenly, "Are you crazy?! That's a wall! We're doomed! DOOOMED!" Junior closed his eyes tight... and felt the tingle of magick all along his body as they flew through the wall, and then being dropped. The boy rolled along the ground, and stopped more or less where his sister did. The boy looked up to see a pair of metal reinforced leather boots, connected to a pair of pants that seemed to be a mix of dark blue cloth, chain mail that clung to the person's legs, and leather over top of that. His gaze continued upwards and saw that he'd landed in front of the new drow that had joined their 'family'. Junior smiled and attempted to stand, as the scarlet eyed dark elf slowly stared at him with eyes that would have chilled a normal person to the bone. Junior, however, was raised by Haseo who often had that look in his eyes. Granted, not directed towards Junior, but still. He smiled widely and waved, "Hiya Uncle Zak!" The drow cocks his head to the side, and only then did Junior noticed that he was shirtless, and the boy scrunched up his nose saying, "Eww... You're half nakey..." He's little child's mind had nearly already forgotten of his friend after the several exciting moments, but the memory flashed back to his mind with a start as he looked down at his sister, shouting, "You! You forgotted to tell them! You gottsa tell them! Quick!"

Eindrel quickly jumped to her feet, rubbing her somewhat sore rear with her hand before turning to face the rest of the brotherhood and Treble. She winced slightly at the look on her Mama’s face, mostly because Junior and her were in the ONE place they were NEVER allowed to go, according to Treble. “I can explain Mama! They were taking them! Our friends. They took them! And then they disappeared!” The girl’s voice was getting higher, very close to the hysterical side, as she continued to ramble, pieces of words coming out like kidnapped, slaves, torture, death, and the final thing Treble heard before her daughter stopped was contract. Raising her eyebrows, Treble walked over to Eindrel and stared at her and Junior. “This… is a very big thing children. To take a contract out on someone’s life means they will die. And the payment for the brotherhood is the beating heart of a human. Can you both handle that? You would both have to give a beating heart and place it here, in this black box. If you can do this, then the contract you seek will be given. If you fail to give the heart however, you’re soul will be offered to the brotherhood, and it will be taken to suffer eternally. So think… very long and very hard about what it is you wish to ask.” Eindrel’s eyes were very wide; she had never… seen her mama like this before. Her voice was void of all emotion, just like… Well just like papas had been a couple times. Her eyes were what scared the girl the most. There was no love coming from them, only pure evil and malice. Shuddering a little, wanting to draw inward, but refusing, wanting to prove herself in front of her mother and the brotherhood, Eindrel turned to Junior and nodded. “I can do it JR. If you can’t I will get one for you.” She whispered so that only he could hear. “Do you want to?”

Junior looked up at his mother's face, actually shrinking back a little and hiding behind both Eindrel and one of the most unlikely of people; Zaknaun. The drow only partially looked to regard the boy with a frown, looking over each of the children's faces, before looking back to Treble, not saying a word. Junior, however, shuddered softly at just his sister whispering to him. He knew that he could handle killing someone, no problem. He probably wouldn't be able to cut their heart out though, mostly because he didn't know precisely where to cut. After a moment though, his eyebrows furrowed and he looked up to his mother, not answering his sister. He instead asked, "Mama, how're we supposed to get the heart out of a human while it's beating if they die when we take out their heart and it stops beating when they die?" Junior wasn't scared any longer. Edgy, yes, but he felt safer behind his sister and Uncle Zak; His sister because, well, she was pretty tough and good with the sparkly magic, and Uncle Zak because he was scary looking, despite being the shortest man in the room.

Eindrel’s eyes widened in surprise at his brother’s statement, not actually believing that he was capable of that. Looking at Treble, she nodded her head shortly, not liking this part of Treble at all. “I can do it too Mama.” Was all she said, not wanting to talk any more incase her lip quivered, or she stumbled her words. Treble on the other hand looked down at Junior, a sneer on her cruel looking face as she shrugged her shoulders slightly. “This is your contract boy; you are the one who wants to end someone’s life. Figure it out for yourself.” Treble had a very good reason for being so cold to the children though. They were about to request that a life be taken, even in the request, they had to understand that the beings killed would no longer breath because of them. If she loved on them and coddled them, it would make this seem all the easier. It needed to be hard; it needed to terrify them because the taking of a life, even an evil one, was never easy. She turned her back on her children and faced the brotherhood nodding once. “We have a new contract. Get the details and decide who takes them out.” Turning back to face her children, Treble felt the emotions well up inside of herself. She was proud, oh so proud that they wanted revenge, but she also worried. They were so very young to bear such a heavy burden. But she couldn’t stop this, oh no, this was something they had to do on their own. She nodded her head once, trying to hide the tears that had wanted to spring in her eyes. “I’m leaving now children… Tell the brotherhood what you want done, and to whom, if you don’t know to whom, they will find them. I will see you both above ground.” Without another word, she turned on her heel and clipped out of the room, fire erupting around her and carrying her above ground. Eindrel looked over at Junior, and then slowly let her eyes fall onto each of the brotherhood, letting them rest on Payne for a moment longer before she turned back to Junior. “Okay Junior, lets get this started.”

Zak strode away from the children, ignoring them for the most part, as well as keeping his gaze away from the other Brothers, the tattoo on the lower part of the back of his neck in silver ink reading, "Treble" in Latin, as well as the symbol for the Brotherhood on his left pectoral. The drow elf strode to his corner, which thus far only had a chair, a table, an unlit candle, and his equipment resting on it. Dressing silently, the drow wrapped his cloak around himself with a swish, checking his blades instantly after to make sure they did not stick and said, loud enough for all to hear, "I'm going." His tone was final and his empty gaze showing the bare flickers of a growing fire.
Payne
Payne
Moddess
Moddess

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

The Last Heartbeat Empty Re: The Last Heartbeat

Post by Payne Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:49 pm

About an hour later Payne sat at the large wooden table in the pit staring at the rest of the brothers. Her mind whirred with the information of the past hour as she pushed the piles of papers around on the top of the table. There wasn’t much information to go off of, just extremely basic, wide ranged, facts. Darkened figures, burlap sacks, disappeared in a plume of black smoke. But Payne had heard rumors spreading through out Ita Halventaa as of late. There was a group of demons that were kidnapping male and female demons and selling them on the black market as pleasure slaves. This infuriated Payne to no end. No one had the right to take free beings and make them something… She had to stop thinking or it would only lead her to a place she did NOT want to go. Shaking off the feelings of anger and indignation, Payne cleared her throat, making everyone in the room go silent.

“It’s like this; we only need about four hunters on this one. There are other contracts that need to be taken care of, so those of you who don’t go, I want those finished by the time we get back. If they aren’t… Well, you won’t get paid, and I will be pissed. So get them done pronto! Now, who wants to go?” She asked, raising her eyebrows. It was already a given that she would go, whenever there was a large contract, the leader of the brotherhood went in order to insure that everything turned out okay. Their newest member had already proclaimed his desire to go, but Payne wasn’t sure how that would go with the other brothers. Usually, the new guy got all the shit jobs, but this was one time Payne would side with the new and not the old. Zaknaun was an amazing asset to the company, and she wanted him fighting by her side. Tohrment stood, his mouth already open and words spilling out. Figures he would be the first to speak… Payne thought darkly. “Now listen here Payne, I wanna go. I never get to go on group missions, dunno why that is either. Guess I’m just to good fer all you people to see me in action. But this time I’m going and there ain’t a one of you who can stop me.” Holding up her hand, Tohrment went quiet… thankfully, Payne nodded her head. “Very well Tohr, you may go. However… If you so much as make… one…peep… And it gives away a location… I will personally kill you, ya feel me?” She growled to the demonic vampire who closed his mouth and nodded several times. “Oh yes, yes mam, I absolutely hear you. Didja know that way back when, in the early days of America when people couldn’t hear they had these here giant things that they stuck in their ears? Yup, they sure did. They was called… Well hell, I don’t member what they were called, but they stuck em in their ear and it was a big ass thing that almost looked like a flower, and that’s how them people in the old times heard if they didn’t have no hearing.”

Payne’s face filled with rage and annoyance as Tohr continued to talk, her ears actually starting to ring a little. “Tohr! I want you to BE QUIET from now until we LEAVE. NOT another word… Or I’m going to stick you in the same pit of Lava that Treble punished the Paladin in!” At her words, Tohrment’s face fell a little and he nodded, stepping back and sitting on the couch. “Now… Who else wants to go? And I do NOT need a story, just a yes or no.” Phury shook his head, Wrath shook his as well, Rhage nodded, as did Vishous, who had just walked into the room. That brother had tribal tattoos scour his entire body, and they glowed softly. His hair was platinum blonde and hung to his ears. He was short, only about five feet three inches, and his left hand was covered in a black golf glove. “Okay, Vishous you’re in. Rhage, you’re out.” At her words, Rhage leaped from the couch, both of his magnums drawn and pointed at Payne. The room went dead silent, no one even breathed as Payne, who didn’t even flinch, squared her shoulders and stared at Rhage. “I am NOT going to be stuck here so the new guy can go on a little outing. I’m in Payne, and that’s the way it’s going to be.” As calmly as possible, Payne took a step towards Rhage, her eyes bright red, her body not even trembling. Her face was passive, dead, and emotionless.

“Rhage… I told you before, I let you live when we fought for the rightful place as leader because you were an asset to the company. You are slowly making yourself a liability, and that is not where you want to be.” I suggest you put away your weapons and go find a contract to go after.” The look in her eyes wasn’t even one of anger, or rage, it was nothing, her eyes held nothing. Staring at her for the longest of moments, Rhage slowly lowered his guns, placing them back in their respective holsters and mumbled low to himself as he turned and walked over to the filing cabinet next to the computer table. Grunting, he opened it and pulled out a file. “Fine Payne, but… I suggest you watch your back.” Ignoring his last comment, Payne turned and motioned for Vishous, Tohrment, and Zak to follow her. As she stepped to the door, Rhage pulled one of his daggers and flung it at her. She knew he was going to, which is why she turned so quickly, catching the sharp end of the dagger in her hand. She flung it back at Rhage, who couldn’t have dodged it if he wanted to. The dagger slammed into the file, missing his fingers by mere inches as she stared at him with that deadened look. “I told you Rhage, do not fuck with me.” Turning on her heel, she strode out of the room.
Payne
Payne
Moddess
Moddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Zak sat at the table, quietly looking with disinterest at the paper work. He couldn't even read any of it, let alone write in the strange human language. So Zaknaun resigned himself to simply sitting in quiet contemplation, face empty and barely listening to the voices around him. They were all chatting lightly, making small talk with another. How isolated the dark skinned elf felt from the rest of them. His eyes shifted, however, to Tohrment, who had taken it upon himself to seat himself next to the drow- while still respecting his wish for distance- and attempt to strike up conversation every few minutes, to which the unresponsive drow only nodded gently. As annoying as all the others found Tohrment, it seemed... Zak enjoyed listening to the man speak. It made him feel not quite as alone and seperate from the others. His eyes lifted and slowly shifted around the group.

He had found that Phury and Tohrment seemed to enjoy making jests about one another at the other's expense, but at times it strained their relationship. His eyes slid over to Wrath, and looked him over curiously. To a point, Wrath almost reminded him of every other stuck up noble elderboy that he had encountered without killing during his time in Menzoberranzan; Proud features, a strong body, but an almost... calm, relaxed manner about him. He also wore some very curious things called 'shades' that Zak thought about acquiring as well, for when he was in lit areas that would hurt his eyes until he grew used to it. Zak's eyes then moved to the one in the Brotherhood he did not like in the slightest, and he suspected harbored the same feelings of resentment, if not open loathing for him as well. Zak turned his eyes away from Rhage though, not wanting to look at him any longer. Just looking at the rude and anxious demon made Zak's head hurt.

Zak had obviously missed something important in his observations, because the brothers as one fell silent, and Payne asked, an odd question. Who was going? Zak was curious if he'd be allowed to be one of the four, well, three if he took Payne into consideration. Tohrment quickly stood next to Zak and the drow could almost see the veign in Payne's forehead begin to throb. She, nor anyone else, really liked to hear Tohr speak as much as he obviously enjoyed... Though maybe a few of them would need one of those listening aids before long, after he destroyed their ability to hear...

Payne snapped suddenly, and Zak's eyes shot towards her. Not in nervousness, nor apprehension. More of observation. He wanted to know how they all acted around one another. Wanted to look at their bonds that they shared. And more importantly, he wanted to form these bonds for himself. Well, perhaps not with Rhage. He was a fool. And maybe not with that Zsadist fellow... He seemed too much like Zak acted; Distant and cold, with them but removed at the same time.

Setting his eyes on the newest arrival, the drow blinked softly at him. This was most definitely the one that had been absent during his first meeting with the rest of the Brothers. Vishous seemed the alright sort, and Zak would almost feel comfortable around him, if it wasn't for an uneasy feeling that sank into his stomach every moment he looked at him. He wasn't sure what it was. Maybe it was the obvious sexual aura that literally rolled off of the man. Zak's eyes quickly looked back to the table, narrowing gently. It made him so edgy, that he could not relax. And then something startling happened. Payne declared that she, Tohr, the one called Vishous, and he would be the ones leaving. Not Rhage who had pointedly wanted to come.

So pointedly in fact, that he now drew his pistols-Strange repeating hand crossbow not unlike the weapons his people used- and pointed them at Payne. Zak's eyes grew wide and his body felt chilled. He would not let Rhage kill Payne. He wouldn't lose what he'd just acquired only to be thrown back to the Hell he had lived all his life that was more Hellacious than even the Hell he was now physically in. Zak's hand, beneath the table, slowly slid to grip his own magnum that sat positioned right above his rear, scarlet eyes moving to look at Payne carefully to see what she would do. The woman, for her part, did not seemed daunted by such a thing at all. She didn't even look like she cared as she stood, walked right up to Rhage and told him, in not so many eloquent words, to fuck off. Rhage slowly lowered his weapons, and Zak noted the angry look that crossed his face. But Zak's eyes trailed not to Rhage, but to Payne. He almost couldn't bare to look at her face. It was a reflection of his own. It was the only reason that Zak had never looked into any mirrors, other than the light scarring on the side of his face from where his father had kicked him so long ago, but that had faded in time. He couldn't stand to see such deadness from a face he had seen smile before.

Zak looked away slowly, before the others rose around him, the ones that had been told they may go. Tohrment patted the table in front of Zak to get his attention, which was given almost instantly at the closeness, his eyebrows furrowing. Tohr just smiled at him, but Zak felt a bile rising in his throat. He had vowed he would try, and he was already beginning to glare at people. The dark elf rose quietly and followed Tohrment and Vishous, all of them following in a semi-neat line behind Payne. And then a dagger came flying. Zak knew immediately the source, and even as Payne whisked the dagger back at Rhage, Zak had one of his pistols drawn and fired instantly. The loud bang nearly caused his ears to ring, but the drow was able to keep his hand steady and not shake after he had fired. A neat, little bullet hole now sat above Rhage's head. Zak could hear the mumblings of the other brothers at his back, and, more out of accident than on purpose, spun his gun as he slid it into its holster. The drow moved out without another word about the incident, following behind Payne. Vishous moved up beside Zak, and the drow repressed a shudder as he said with a light laugh, "Watch the equipment, my new Brother... I relatively enjoy my computer, you know?"

Tohrment also siddled up to Zak's side with a laugh, saying, "That's showin' him what's fer, little buddy! Woo! And that spin at the end, man. Yer knowin' how pistols came around aren't ya? I could tell ya if ya-" He was cut off however as Zak turned and set his hand on Tohr's shoulder. The gesture, the small touch that the drow had so fiercely avoided the entire time he'd been there, was actually enough to silence Tohr. The drow said softly, looking up into the man's eyes, "If you would like, I could attempt to teach you the drow hand language. It is very useful during missions that require silence, and proved invaluable to the survival of my people for millenia." The drow removed his hand with a sigh, and walked off muttering just loud enough for the other three to hear, "Besides, I missed. Next time I'll aim for the wall and hit him instead."
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male
Number of posts : 119
Where you Reside : The Tower of the Dark Folly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Payne Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Payne’s head whipped around at the sound of the gunshot. Did Rhage fire at me?! She thought, expecting at any moment blood to pour from her temple. But it was Zak’s magnum that was raised, smoke coming from the barrel. Her eyes flew from Zak to the magnum and then to Rhage, who was standing in the room, complete and utter shock on his face. Payne was sure her face showed the same as she snickered and turned to catch up with the three males. She only caught the end of the talking, which brought a smile to her face as she stepped behind Tohr and Vishous. Giving Tohr a gentle nudge, she urged him forward so that she could scoot past them and lead the way to where they were going. “Alright guys, here’s what we have so far. Apparently, there is a group of demonic beings that do NOT reside in Ita Halventaa that have been kidnapping demons that do and selling them on the black market. We are unsure as of yet what the purpose of the slaves are, but this mission is simple enough, find the demons, kill them, bring down the business. Vishous, I look to you for getting their computer records, if they have any. Tohr, your in charge of making sure no one disturbs us, and Zak, you are with me. We will be handing out the death sentences.” She shuddered a little, hoping no one would see. She knew what the purposes of the slaves were, but she wasn’t going to tell them, they didn’t need to know. It was a clean cut mission. Get in, kill, get out. As they were walking to the opening of Ita Halventaa Treble appeared in front of them, her cobalt eyes icy as she stared at Payne.

“I do not need to tell you the importance of this mission, considering it is my children that hired you guys… I would make a request though, find out where the demons are that were taken. I would like them back.” She nodded, not giving anyone a chance to question her whys, she walked away. Turning to everyone else, Payne nodded her head slightly, her face becoming the dead, uncaring face she always wore when going in for a contract. “You heard her guys, Vishous, I’m leaving it up to you to find out where they are being held.” The tattooed assassin nodded his head once as Payne stepped foreword and ran her hands through the air, a large ripple opening up as she did. “This is how we get to our destinations when we are in a group Zak, it’s to make sure everyone gets there alive. I will go first, followed by Vishous, then Zak, and then you Tohr, you know how to close the ripple as you step through.” Tohrment nodded his head in silent agreement, for once, still slightly shocked at being touched by Zak. Stepping through, Payne quickly pulled her magnum and surveyed the surrounding area for any on coming attacks, should they be seen. The camp they were arriving at was like any other multi million mansion with sprawling green hills as a yard, and a white house that was, even though extremely smaller than the Dark Folly, very impressive in itself. There were guards walking around the compound, demons with nasty looking swords, guns, and every other possible weapon imaginable. But Payne knew better than to take this place at face value, for she had been here before. This was the same camp Angher had taken her to when she was but a child. Visions threatened to spill over the surface of her mind, but Payne, already expecting that, suppressed them deep down in the recesses of her mind, there was no need of that here. None at all.

Her guns raised, Payne stood guard as first Vishous, and then Zak, followed by Tohrment stepped through the ripple, it closing quickly after Tohr’s foot was through. “Well, that was an interesting…” He shut up though at the swift look Payne gave him, his mouth closing, and face falling slightly. Motioning them forward, Payne’s eyes scanned the horizon, watching closely as the guards trolled the grounds. The demonic guards were disgusting in their own right, having only a very thing layer of exo skeleton, revealing their horribly disfigured bones. Along their arms were rows of spiked bones that protruded from odd angles, giving them the distinct appearance of wearing a spiky shirt. Along their necks, what would have been the spinal cord was hunched and frayed, almost like they wore a ruffled collar. “And that gentlemen, is what we must get past in order to get to the demons inside.” Payne whispered to the group, nodding her head to Vishous as one of the skeletal beings walked about 15 feet in front of their hidden form.

Grinning, Vishous nodded to Payne as he approached the demon from behind. Without making a sound, and with movements quicker than any normal being, Vishous pounced on the being, grabbing it by the back of its skull with both hands and twisting as hard as possible. With a sickening crunch, the skeleton fell to the ground, its head still in Vishous’ hands. The creature turned to dust, disappearing on the ground and in his hands almost instantly. Shrugging, Vishous walked back to Payne almost as if nothing had ever happened. She nodded her head in silent approval before turning to Zak and whispering, “That’s how things are done. No questions asked when a kill is present. Questions in general are fine, but when a contract is put into play, you kill without asking.”
Payne
Payne
Moddess
Moddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Zak listened carefully, his face mirroring Payne's, and stood beside Tohr and a little away from Vishous unconciously, listening to the Lehydre's instructions carefully. His eyes snapped to her's carefully though when she said 'we' are unsure of the purpose of the demons. While he and the others certainly were, Payne was keeping something from them. Something she didn't want them to know obviously, but she knew. He could just tell that she... knew. Especially when she shuddered. It was the barest of movements, and only in certain places of her body did she shudder. Zak didn't push the matter, despite his curiousity. He had a job to do, and if he let himself be distracted, he would be one very dead elf.

Treble met them as they moved to the opening of the Hell Dimension that Zak was beginning to call home. The drow elf held his head high, but had to force himself to look in her eyes, repressing the involuntary urge to look away from his... commander? Ruler? Something along those lines. There had been times that his eyes had nearly been scraped from their sockets, simply because his mother had been in a foul mood and he had dared to look her in the eyes. He had to keep telling himself, this time would be different. Treble's gaze however, was not warm in the slightest. Not what he remembered from when she'd greeted him into the Dark Folly and shown him his room. They were like ice, and the newly accepted assassin could understand why; Her children were involved. It was foreign to him for any Matron Mother to care for her children... But no female was the same as he'd been previously acquainted with here. She gave them, what the drow guessed was supposed to be a pep talk. There were no threats interlaced though...

As he'd thought previously. Foreign and different were these females.

Zak bowed his head slightly to her, having to fight the urge to fully bow as she turned and walked away without another word. Zak turned his eyes then to Payne, who had already given them their assignments. This would be new for him as well, working with a group rather than simply being unleashed. Now he had to think. He had to take care with his companions. His eyes barely winced when the portal was opened, the semi bright light emenating from it burning his eyes for only a moment, before yet again he accepted it as a nessecary pain in order to survive with the Brotherhood. Watching as Payne stepped through, followed quickly by Vishous, Zak had no problem jumping through as well. He turned and was nearly run into by Tohr, who only grinned at him and avoided him as best he could, still giving the dark elf the space he had requested. Zak almost felt a tugging sensation at the corners of his mouth. It was not downard in a frown or a scowl as usual, but more upwards. Fearing that single sensation stole any enjoyment from Zak, and he was able to bring his rebellious face swiftly back under control. He wasn't sure what that rebellious thing had intended to become, but it was nothing now. Zak turned back to Payne and looked over her shoulder at what would be their opposition.

Zak's eyes moved slowly to the demonic guards, and began looking them over. All sound faded into backround noise for the former Weapons Master of his former House. He was trying to keep the darker side of himself under control, not wanting to let that spill out just yet.

But the incessant throbbing behind his eyes had already begun, and the darkest of Zak's emotions were already beginning to churn. He could control himself for a time, but he had to make sure that this job was finished before he became Elghinn. He didn't want his new... whatever they were to him, seeing him in such a state. Zak's eyes snapped to Vishous as he moved off, and killed a rather secluded demon, not just breaking its neck, but actually twisting its head off. The demon crumbled into dust, and Vishous walked back towards them, his demeanor showing nothing of the display of power. Nor the taking of a life, however twisted. Zak could see now, that whatever their manners were back in the Pit, they were cold blooded killers one and all. For a moment, Zak considered the implications of this. They were not lifeless, well, most of them anyways. And they saved their violent aggressions for their 'contracts'. But the moment it came to killing... They'd do it without batting an eyelash.

Zak slowly cocked his head to the side, and decided to move off, giving a look to Payne and muttering, "Try and show a little class..." It was his attempt to joke with the others, the second since he'd joined. His cloak slowly shifted to a deep ebony color, and the drow drew up the attached hood, taking the cloak and wrapping it around his shoulders, leaving the spikes of his spaulders exposed. He then brought the cloak loosely around his neck, and then over his right shoulder, shortening it, but concealing his features more easily by simply drawing up the part by his neck. His guns were still hidden by the ends of his cloak, and that gave the drow some small comfort. He didn't want some little shit reaching and taking one. Discreetly, he reached up and took one of the daggers from its sheath, flipping the dagger instantly in his hands so that his fingers covered up the handle, and the blade rested against his leather and metal bracer. Any demonic guard that looked at the drow would find the spikes along his shoulders and forearm guards more intimidating than anything, but most just regarded him as another client coming to look for a slave.

Zak's throbbing behind his eyes grew incredibly strong the closer he drew to one of the guards. A plan began forming in the cunning drow's mind. Zak would never claim that he was not a dark elf. Evil plans spawned in his mind just as much as the next. But he always had a bit of dark, twisted humor in his. The guard glared at him as Zak walked right up to him, whispering, "Guard, come here..."

The guard's eyes narrowed in suspicion, gripping a greataxe tightly between his fingers as he cautiously moved forward, asking with a growl, "What do you want drow? Slaves are over there." Zak shook his head gently, looking around and leaning a little closer, "There's intruders." The guards eyes widened and he almost turned to go and sound the alarm, but Zak caught him by the forearm, a vile grin beginning to spread over the drow elf's features. "Not many... Only three. Two men and a female, all could be fine specimens don't you think? And... Perhaps a reward to the ones that bring them in?" The guard's facial expression changed immediately, a sick grin twisting onto his features as well, and finished the thought, "And there'd be a bigger share with only two bringing them in." Both of the wicked creature's faces were twisted in dark delight. Zak began to lead the demon off from his patrol route, beginning to lead the guard towards the others...

Tohrment's eyes widened and he shook his head, muttering softly as he raised a hand to his mouth, "No. Don't do it little buddy. Yer not gonna do this... no, yer... Yer gonna do it..." Tohrment's red eyes filled with a little bit of confusion and hurt, and he looked instantly to Payne, panic raising his voice more than he intended, "He's not gonna do it! He's not gonna turn Benedict on us, like that there fella that was named Benedict!" His eyes shot to Vishous next, and demanded, "Right?" His eyes snapped back down to Zak and the guard, who were coming to a small section, rather secluded that would easily lead up to the three brothers. His eyes narrowed at Zak, his fear and sudden hurt turning to anger, muttering softly, "You... shithead..." His thoughts trailed off however, hand already resting on his gun as Zak suddenly stopped and motioned for the guard to go ahead.

Zak motioned the guard ahead, whispering, "This way." The dull guard nodded softly, and moved ahead of the drow who'd kept his dagger hidden the entire time. The guard asked quietly, "Where are they?" Zak was silent for several seconds, waiting for the right moment. The moment came as the guard's back was to him, however, the drow dashed, blade flipping in his hand and holding it straight. The flashes of his moves were so quick, a normal person would have had a hard time keeping up with them, as his blade cut along the guard's hamstring, dropping him to his knees, and the blade flashed along the guard's wrist, the area of his arm where it bent, and then finally into his armpit. The drow drew close, hissing the entire time he pushed the blade into the guard, clutching his throat and moving close to the demons ear, twisting the blade a little. The dark elf then took great, evil pride as he hissed into the demon's ear, "The intruders... are inside of you." The drow had managed to work his fingers into the demon's open wound, pushing the dagger deep until it found its heart. With a sudden shudder, the demon collapsed into dust. Zak looked down at his blade and fingers, the blood that had felt so hot against his fingers now gone and falling to the ground with the rest of the dust.

The throb behind his eyes did not pulse as badly anymore, his blood hungering now sated softly. Zak didn't even look up to the others as he slid the blade back into its sheath, raising his hand to them in a light gesture of, 'I told you so'.

Tohr's breathing hitched for a moment, and he let out a sigh of relief, muttering to himself over and over as he set his hands on his eyes, "He wasn't doin' it. He was just bein' smart. Showin' us up. That little bastard... I'mma choke him, I'mma choke him."
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Payne Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 am

EDITED TO ADD CONTENT

Vishous’ cold, red eyes narrowed at Zaknaun as he walked away and started talking to a guard. His hand, ever the ready, rested on his magnum under his long black trench coat. His body trembled slightly in anger. Of course… leave it to a… drow… to back stab those that he was aligned with. He should have seen this coming, should have known what was doin. A soft growl came from his throat, not something loud, not something anyone save for Payne and Tohrment could have heard, but he did growl, which was something Vishous never did. He turned and stared at Tohrment, who for all intents and purposes, looked like he was getting ready to have a stroke. He almost pitied his brother for his kind and caring heart. Had he been the cold blooded killer that Vishous was, there wouldn’t have been any pain or hurt, just an undying urge to destroy the little bastard that was threatening their mission.

Payne’s eyes were a mix of anger and pain at Zak’s actions, her face a compendium of emotions. Her eyes, flaming red, lowered on the man she had come to call friend, the first friend she had at the Folly, and then she heard V growl. Immediately she was next to the vampire, her hands itching to grab him and restrain him from harming Zak, but she didn’t, no… If Zak was going to betray them… then he would pay the price.

But he didn’t lead the guard to them, oh no, in fact he did the exact opposite. Payne felt the breath she hadn’t known she was holding expel from her lungs, a small smirk crossing her face for the briefest of moments before she glared at him and muttered under her breath “Show offy little bastard.” Shaking her head she looked at Vishous who, for all intents and purposes was standing there… just… standing there, in complete and absolute shock. He looked at Payne slowly, and then jerked his head back to Zak. Impressive… Very impressive little Drow. There may be hope for you yet. he thought to himself as he bent down, being damn near a foot taller than Zak and snickered in his ear. “Okay Zaknaun, tit for tat. You win this round, but just wait, because it’s my turn now.” It wasn’t meant to sound rude, or mean, but Vishous was both rude and mean on a daily basis, so now wasn’t any different as he stood, turned and faced Payne, awaiting further instructions.

Looking at Zaknaun, Payne shook her head and then stared at the door, watching as two guards entered and shut it behind them, a red light signaling over the door as it snapped shut. “Okay V, it’s all you right now. We need to get in, but we need to do so quietly, I have no desire to kill every single thing out here just yet. Let’s wait until we get inside and find the… boss.” She shuddered, remembering very clearly the beastly demon’s hands roaming over her young body, the tattoo gun that pierced her skin, marking her as a blood slave, and then in later years, a slave of service. She almost whimpered at the thought… almost. Moving slightly, she positioned herself directly next to Zaknaun, Tohrment standing behind the pair in a constant state of vigilance, watching for guards to approach as V made his way to the door, moving so quickly it was nearly impossible for even Payne to keep complete track on him. They stood there for only about thirty second before V appeared next to the group, a grim look on his face. “It’s done… The door is accessible.” Was all he said as he turned and strode toward the opening, his mind already on the task at hand, find the computer equipment and salvage as much as possible to be taken back to the Folly and dissected.

As Payne started forward a guard became visible over the horizon, in his hand a young slave, around the 17th year, was being drug along behind him. She was covered in bruises, a small amount of blood trickled out of the corner of her mouth, and there were blood splatters that ran up the side of her face. Frowning slightly, Payne turned to Zaknaun, a wicked gleam in her eye as she whispered softly to him, “Now it’s my turn to show you both.” Turning on her heel, she started toward the guard, her body shaking, though only visible to those that were paying attention. This was what she wanted, what she needed more than anything in the world; revenge.

Stealthily she approached the pair, her body hidden by the massive tree she was walking towards, though the guard was so wrapped up in the slave girl, Payne doubted he would have noticed her had she been wearing a neon kilt with purple spiked hair, had jumped in front of him and started to hula. Snickering at the thought, Payne circled around behind them, her hand resting on the inside of her trench coat, her palm wrapping loosely around the blade that was tightly fastened to her side; but in her mind it wasn’t the guard she was killing, oh no, in her mind it was her father, and the young female was her, only a lot younger. Stepping up to his back, Payne tapped the guard on the shoulder and then quickly, quietly, sprung to the other side, appearing in his front just as he turned and looked behind himself. With her face set in grim determination, Payne removed her hand from her coat, although it was empty of any weapon. Instead, her fist lifted, pulled back, released, and connected with the guards jaw just as he was whipping his head back around. The punch was so powerful it jerked him back four steps, almost causing him to lose his balance, almost. With a low growl, he let go of the slave girl who cowered away, seeking shelter next to the tree, her entire bruised body trembling. Payne however, was to busy pummeling the guard to take notice in the slave. Her fists were flying so quickly he barely had time to register on of her fists flying at his boney body before another hit connected with his flesh, or lack there of. At the final straw, as her mind snapped with reality, Payne grabbed his head and brought it slamming down, his temple connecting with her knee with a sickening *crunch*, but did she stop there? Oh no, there was no stopping this, she needed this, yearned for this, and no one was to deny her. As he crumpled to the floor, Payne jumped on top of him, her hand flying forward in a fist and punching through his exoskeleton, gripping around the blackness that should have been his heart. As she ripped it out, the creature exploded, the heart staying in tact as she stood, pocketed the still beating member, and looked over to Zaknaun, a look of well on her face.

Turning to Tohrment she motioned for him to go ahead, move forward and start scouting the area, killing any and all guards he came in contact with. “Remember Tohrment, stealth is imperative in this mission… I don’t want to hear a god damn word out of your mouth unless it is to tell us that everything’s gone to hell, the mission is falling apart, and we are all going to die, ya feel me?” Not giving him a chance to respond, Payne turned to Zak and stared at him for a long moment, the madness in her eyes slowly softening to that which was her normal look, and then slowly her face tilted in a small smile, the only time she had ever actually smiled on a mission. “Zak… this is it… We are going inside, Tohrment is going to go the opposite direction as us, and V is already on his way to… wherever the hell the computer shit is. It’s just you and me from here on out. Remember… Whatever we see, we aren’t here to rescue, simply destroy the operation and find the demons that reside in Ita Halventaa.” Turning, she looked at the slave girl and frowned. What the hell was she supposed to do with her? Sighing, Payne walked over to the girl and nodded her head, noticing the slave band tattoos that surrounded her body. “As for you…” She lifted her hand, a rift appearing in the air and urged the young girl towards it. “Go into the rift, it will take you directly to my private bed chambers. Stay there until I come for you. Do you understand me?” The girl, already knowing her place in the slave order, nodded twice, mumbled “Yes Mistress,” and then turned on her heel and stepped into the rift, not hesitating to follow an order.

Payne strode toward the compounds entrance and opened the door, her magnum the first to enter. When no shots were fired, she slowly entered, her eyes scanning the room, looking for any signs of guards. When there were none, she motioned for Zak to follow in behind her and disappeared into the house.

Last edited by Treble on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add Content.)
Payne
Payne
Moddess
Moddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Zak blinked softly as Vishous whispered in his ear a challenge. The pulsing behind his eyes began throbbing instantly, with more force than even before. Elghinn was baying for blood within him, especially with the challenge laid out at him. When Zaknaun had met back up with the rest of them, Tohrment had seemed to be over joyed about something, with some relief, Vishous amused, and Payne looking a little relieved. He supposed that his actions could have been rather worrying to the three, but he was not some super powered demon. He didn't even dare to think he had half the strength the rest of the Brotherhood seemed to possess. His strength was in his speed and his cunning. Zak's red eyes slid over to Payne though, awaiting the next instruction as well, and saw her shake her head. They all watched the two guards disappear into a door, one that Zak assumed led to where the slaves and such were kept. The drow looked over his shoulder to Tohrment as Vishous moved off, and offered a slight nod to his relieved smile. He was surprised that he'd remained silent this long.

He then looked over to Payne, standing right beside him, scarlet eyes trailing over her for a moment. He could see her revulsion, but again chose not to comment on it, instead looking back. The reds of his eyes began to glow red lightly as they shifted over to the infravision of his people, looking at the indvidual heat patterns of each creature, as well as the world. Everything was a myriad of colors to the drow. He watched the streak of a heat signature that was Vishous as he raced to the door, disorienting him for a moment, before he shifted his gaze to the many figures of guards and slaves being led around. It hadn't been even a full minute, maybe only half a minute, before Vishous returned, actually startling the drow a bit as he announced the door was ready. His eyes lost their glow as he shifted back to normal vision, and looked over to Payne as she started off, heading right to a demon dragging a pleasure slave behind him. Zak could clearly make out the marks of pain on the young girls body, but he recognized the burning rage in the woman that he knew all too well. And he knew well enough to stay back from her and allow her fit to play out.

What played out, nearly stole the breath from his lips; A display of complete power and control over the situation. Over every move, to watch her steal the life from this guard as though he wasn't nearly four times her size. And she did it with such a beautiful and angry violence... That it truly made even Elghinn within him pause and regard her as a momentary threat. Zak crushed that side of himself quickly though, and reminded himself, several times, that Payne was his... friend? Maybe that would be the right word, who knows. But she fought him physically, and only with her bare hands. He watched, mouth dry as she grabbed the demon's head and snapped it downward, driving her knee into its temple wiht a loud, audible crunch. But was she finished? No, not his deadly Payne -When did he start considering her his Payne?- and she leaped on the guard, and punched her fist into the guard's chest, ripping out this black, beating thing... and pocketed it!

Again, the Drow felt feelings of displacement and weakness, watching the sheer brutality of his allies. Zak watched as she returned, giving her orders to Tohrment, who only smiled and gave a slight salute to them both, taking off a little and leaving the two behind. Zak looked slowly to Payne, and then over to the slave she'd unintentionally saved. Zak's scarlet eyes moved back to Payne for a moment, silently questioning what to do with the slave. Unconciously, his hands were already resting on his blades, and he'd begon a half step forward, when Payne, again, surprised him. Though not as pleasantly as before. She opened a rifty, and began to push the woman towards the portal.

"Go into the rift, it will take you directly to my private bed chambers. Stay there until I come for you. Do you understand me?"

Zak stared for several long moments as the slave bowed her head twice, and rushed into the rift. The drow warrior's eyes turned slowly to Payne, questioningly, but she was already moving away again. Zak frowned and followed after her, feeling the throb behind his eyes return in force. As Payne lifted her gun and slowly pushed into the doorway, Zak drew one of his swords with his right hand, while his left slid to a pouch at his side. Deft fingers undid a tie and slipped into the pouch, closing around a small, spherical object. The drow slid up beside Payne as she entered the guard house, having to narrow his scarlet eyes to the point of nearly being closed... But the throb was just so bad. He felt his insides churning, and his throat filling with bile. Like Payne needing her vengeance... Elghinn needed to be released and soon, or Zak feared what might happen. He'd never had a reason to reign in his personal demon, and now that he did, he feared he didn't have the will or the strength to do so. Zak's hand began a barely noticeable shake as he slid past Payne. He couldn't keep himself under control any longer. In a few long strides, the drow had placed himself right at the next door, barely even glancing at the first empty room they'd entered. He slid this door open, and rather than checking for anyone in the room, he simply strode in, low on his haunches. And what he saw caused Zak to pause.

The room was filled with slaves, all nude, with a few guards trailing along the sides of their beds and the walls they were chained to, reaching over to idly touch at them. And there was a single, larger demon amongst them all, walking closer than the rest... testing the products. Zak's control broke.

Standing up straight, he slowly pulled his cloak off of his head and from around his shoulders, letting it fall normally rather than the makeshift cowl he'd turned it into. His already large eyes (Drow eyes were abnormally large, coming from living in the lightless tunnels of the Underdark) widened even more, and a large grin spread itself over his face, lips pulling back into a horrid snarling smile, his white teeth fully exposed. Tears began to brim around the edges of his scarlet eyes, his knuckles graying from the tightness with which he gripped his sword. Slowly moving forward, the drow allowed the tip of his blade to drag along the ground, with a long screeching sound. All of the guards turned to face the drow, as well as the tester. For a moment, they simply stared in blank amazement at the sight that greeted them; A dark elf amongst them, face twisted by a look that was a cross between anguish and elation, and obviously crazed, as he slowly strode to the middle of the room, where a rock of clothing rested. Even the slaves were now looking at the drow in astonishment as he reached out with one hand and took a wide brimmed, black hat from the rack and set it on his head. One of the guards finally reacted, and reached for the drow.

In the blink of an eye, the demon was on his knees, a gash across his stomach, both of his thighs, and one of his arms was missing. Zak's blade rested against the demon's throat, as the guard stared up at Zak in confusion. He hadn't even realized what had happened in those few moments, or why he felt so much pain, and how he'd ended up on his knees. Looking up at Zak, the guard screamed as the pain finally registered, but fell silent when the drow moved to his face and screamed just as loudly right back, driving his blade into the demon's throat. That was all the motion that the rest needed, but they were too slow, so sluggish. They had no chance now that Elghinn was released.

Leaping from his spot and diving into a roll, Zak came up in front of the tester and threw a silver sphere into his face, before running right up the demon's leg and jumping off his shoulder. The tester turned to follow, but dropped to his knees as he realized what the sphere had been; A container of acid. The tester began to scream and grab at his face, only succeeding in burning his hands when he touched the corrosive liquid. Zak began a mad laughter, that was interlaced with sobs, and dashed to the next demon. He'd seen death coming and had attempted to turn and run, but Zak ran right past him, drawing his other blade as he did so and slashing it against the guard's hamstring, and dropping him to his knees as a fresh patch of black blood touched the floor. Zak's blades were already dripping. He was a whirlwind of fighting fury and hatred, each of his hands working his blades in perfect harmony, each one working in several directions at once, slicing here, slashing there, cutting the guards that stood before him to ribbons. The drow didn't hold himself still either. He was constantly moving, often running on the walls just as much as he was the floor. All of his attacks were meant to wound... not kill, And wound they did, leaving a screaming wake behind the furious drow.

But the screams were more from him, than any of his victims. Elghinn had been released, and he was a force of nature. Tears streamed down Zak's face, as his blades flashed, disregarding whether he hit slave or guard. Just as many slaves were left bleeding and crying out in pain as the guards. But still, the whirlwind that was Zaknaun did not slow...
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Payne Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:49 am

Payne's eyes followed Zak as he walked into the house, something... strange... emitting off him. She almost faltered at the mere presence of this new, this unknown, she could feel from her friend, though that term was still foreign to her. Shaking her head slowly, Payne shrugged off the spell her mind had created, focusing once more on the task. Slave traders, slaves, saving, contracts, Oh yeah, that’s what we’re doing here. she thought to herself, almost missing Zak enter a room. She wanted to groan, wanted to shoot him as he just waltzed in like he owned the place. “Christ… Does he not understand the concept of under the radar?” she muttered to herself as she quickly followed, the hand that wasn’t holding her black magnum silently moving to her hip, gripping the butt of her other prized magnum. Lifting her hand, the Lehydre quickly followed the newest brother into the room, her mind preparing for a blood bath involving whatever was in the room, but the closer she got to the room, the more her mind made small, little jolting sensations sting her head. She knew that room, knew it all too well. That was one of the four testing rooms.

Shit… she muttered darkly under her breath, absently ignoring, and eventually stopping, the shudders that had begun racking her body. She didn’t have time to deal with that bullshit right now, oh no, right now it was about coming in to save Zaknaun’s ass, seeing as he just walked willy nilly into a room with untol… She stopped as she entered the room, her blood red eyes going wider than they ever had in her life, her jaw damn near dropping to the floor at what she was seeing. Zaknaun, though it looked nothing like the newly inducted brother, was going psycho on not only the guards and tester in the room, but also the slaves. Blood was everywhere, one guard actually lying on the ground, writhing in pain at… was that acid?

Grimacing, turning her head from the blood bath befalling the slaves and the guards, her red eyes lowering, an inner struggle beginning to present itself. She could either rush in and stop Zak from this bloodied rage, or she could move on, letting him have his therapy. She groaned as her pale, slender hand lowered one of her magnums and she started forward, ushering the slaves towards the door, away from the carnage. “Go on, get the hell out of here, unless you want to be the next ones sliced and on the ground.” She yelled over the wailing that she was soon realizing was from Zak himself. He was a flurry of movement, snapping blades, spurting blood, and, as Payne led three slaves away from his blows, she stopped and turned, eyeing him closely as he ran on walls, around the room, weaving in and out, knocking down everyone in his path.

It was here that Payne noticed the young… very young… no older than 50, Drow girl huddled in a corner, her obsidian skin streaked with blood, though it didn’t look like it was hers. Her crystal white hair was long, well past her waist, and also matted and covered in crimson blood. She was naked, her clothes obviously among the mountain of clothing Zak had grabbed his hat from, but that wasn’t what disturbed her, what floored Payne, left her speechless, was the way the child was eyeing the situation, stoney indifference on her face, acceptance almost, like this was a normal part of life. The Lehydre[/i ] knew a little about Drow society, having taken to reading and studying about them when they decided to induct Zaknaun into the Brotherhood, but to see such acceptance in the face of one so young… It chilled Payne to her core.

Her eyes, so glued to the child, didn’t notice Zak making his way in the general direction of the child, and for some reason this one couldn’t be hurt, not by Zak, not by anyone; not in Payne’s mind at least. She felt a… something… towards the child, which almost infuriated her as she simply left the other slaves where they were, ignoring their cries of pain and anguish, dodging the flying of knives, and the throwing of fists, as a few guards, those who had been smart enough to use the slaves as shields, started fighting back. [i]Why the hell do I care? Why am I risking MY life to try and save this kid?
The thoughts flew through her mind almost a mile a minute as she narrowly avoided being sliced and diced by a guards brass knuckles… that had strange daggers protruding from the knuckle parts. “Fuckin Christ,” she muttered as she looked at her trench coat, annoyance flashing in her eyes as she eyed the holes along her arm. Not waiting, or taking any time to enjoy it, Payne pulled out her magnum, point blank range, and leveled it on the guard’s forehead, her finger making two, rapid squeezes. The sound of the non silenced gunfire rang through the room as the guard’s eyes went wide, black blood instantly oozing out of the single opening in his head where first one, and then the other, bullet entered the same hole. “Jerk off.”

Her eyes flew to the corner as the young Drow girl shrieked. Zaknaun was dangerously close to her, his blades coming closer and closer, but that wasn’t what she was shrieking about. One of the guards had grabbed her and was holding her at arm’s length in front of him. “ZAK!” She screamed, knowing she’d never reach them in time. He had to stop, couldn’t hurt the Drow girl. “STRYFE! STOP!” She screamed, her hands shaking as she tried to make her way to the three.
Payne
Payne
Moddess
Moddess

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down