The Dark Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind These Stone Walls

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Behind These Stone Walls - Page 2 Empty Re: Behind These Stone Walls

Post by Haseo Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:19 am

He wanted to burst into tears at the soft proclamation of her love for him, and unconciously he reached up to the small necklace with a silver chain about his neck. He felt the small crystaline object, the only object he treasured more than any of his blades; the single tear from their escapade during their very first training session.

He leaned heavily against the pillow underneath his head as she rained affection down on his tails. He scanned his eyes over her face slowly, before gently trailing a single finger down her cheek and said softly, "Sleep now, lover."

He shuddered on the inside though as he thought of what she said. And he found something in himself that shook him even more. He trusted her. He believed every word she was speaking to him. The Freyalin closed his eyes and shut out those terrifying thoughts, resolving to simply drift off into sleep, feeling her love and hope swirl through him.

He slept for several hours, but as he sat him slowly, he looked down on Treble's form and tilted his head to the side. She was still sleeping and for the barest of moments he contemplated reaching down to stroke the side of her face. Before he could even contemplate any more of that thought process, he leapt out of the bed with a swirl of the sheets and mists covering him in his armor. He slowed once he was out of the bedchambers and far down the hallway, his tails thrashing violently behind him.

He clenched his teeth tightly, growling and cursing himself.

Damn that woman! What has she done to me?! I have things to tend to that do not involve CUDDLING!

Blowing a snort through his nose, he calmed himself down. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy doing those things... he just refused to become complacent like his brother had been during his many trysts... His brother...

He frowned and crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his head forward, before smirking. Yes, that's what he'd do today. He'd pester his brother. Giving a short laugh, he stomped down the hall.

-------

Haseo crouched lightly in the rafters, and looked down distastefully at his brother's lab. He was in the middle of mixing several chemicals and, with slight smirk, he flicked a small ball of energy down to the concoctions on the table right in front of Hatake. They exploded without much further ado, and the blue haired Freyalin was sent soaring through the air, only to crash into the wall with an angry shout.

"Haseo?! Damnit, where are you!"

He dropped to the ground with a menacing stomp of his paw shaped boots and smirked at his brother's prone form. "What's the matter? Feeling tired?"

Hatake stood and brushed himself off and stormed right up to him, pressing his nose against his. They both stood like that for several moments, growling at each other and snarling their pointed teeth at one another. They drew back for a moment at the same time, and Haseo saw from the corner of his eye they assumed the same cross armed posture and side facing position. Haseo's tails flicked for a moment, as he gazed around the lab that was now in quite disarray.

"What would you have done if Eindrel had been in here training when you pulled your stunt?" Hatake suddenly demanded quite angrily.

"What a stupid question. I wouldn't have done it."

"Hasya, you are the single most frustrating being I've ever come across," Hatake sighed and pulled up a chair as Haseo leaned against a counter and eyed his brother with a narrowed eyed stare. "How are you and your mate after that little episode involving Junior last night?"

He turned away immediately and glared at the wall as he thought of that terrible moment again. How he almost lost his son. And then subsequently almost ate his family. His scowl twisted his face up a little as his nose scrunched softly.

"You know you can talk to me brother... I've been here with you through nearly all of our lives."

He glanced to the side at Hatake, still scowling with a glare now added to the mix as his brow grew heavier and heavier. Slowly, he felt his muscles relax and he gently looked down to the ground.

"I was terrified, Hatya... I thought I was going to kill them after I'd dealt with the Paladin..." he muttered miserably. He glanced up to see his brother give a small, understanding nod.

"I'm not surprised, after that episode with Eindrel those years ago... and the child before that."

Haseo whirled on his brother and hissed, slamming his fist down on the counter, "Don't ever speak of that again!"

Hatake smirked softly as he looked him over, tilting his head slightly to the side and trailing his fingers through his long, blue bangs that hung on either side of his face. "Don't play tough with me brother... I know you think of that little girl sometimes... She was one of the first people you let break through that fortress you have around your heart. I still remember when you saved her from those creatures on that contract... And I'm certain her descendants remember it. Remember? She asked you-"

"I remember what she asked!"

Hatake continued undaunted, "If she could be your princess when you were emperor. And you told her, for always."

Haseo looked away, unable to stare into that serene look of his brother's anymore. "And I've always made sure she and her family have been taken care of, ever since I did become Emperor. They have never wanted for anything. And they never will so long as I remain in power."

Hatake chuckled softly and it made Haseo snap his gaze to him once more. "I'm sorry brother, but you are not this vile being you make yourself out to be. You do have a softness to you, buried beneath everything... But I don't blame you for keeping it from everyone around you. You're a product of your enviroment... I didn't precisely have all the trauma you went through."

"Do you ever shut up?"

"Not when I know I'm getting on your nerves at the same time as getting through to you," his brother smirked. He wanted to rip his face off again. With a last scowl, Haseo spun with a mini-whirl of his crimson half-cloak and stormed out of his brother's lab, not sure where he intended to go as he stalked through the halls of the Folly. It had only been thirty minutes after waking and he was already severely agitated.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male
Number of posts : 119
Where you Reside : The Tower of the Dark Folly.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2